♥ HOW TO MAKE COMIC BOOK AND NEWSPAPER NAILS. ♥
I’m not one to spend on make-up, nail art services and anything “pampaarte” so this is perfect. (Forgive the ugly nail job as I had to paint it myself and I have no talent whatsoever in the cosmetics department. hehe) Having a great appreciation for books, reading and words makes this so attractive for me though.
As I said on Tumblr, I was feeling up to doing something artsy-fartsy this weekend. And since I couldn’t find any glue to make the bookmarks I wanted to make (I always lose my bookmarks) I decided to create something else. So here it is…
Initially I was opting for a yellowish-brownish shade of nail polish to make the nail art look sort of like old parchment, vintage-y and such. I came across a site while looking for some crafts and I made a slight variation of my own.
Things you would need:
newspaper. scissors. white, nude or gray nail polish. clear nail polish. alcohol.
1. Cut newspaper into pieces that would fit nails. (In my case, I did something a bit different; I used newspapers with prints on them. I was lucky enough to find The Joker’s face in one of the newspapers.)
2. Paint nails with white or nude nail polish. White works best though.
2. When nails are dry, dip a little piece of newspaper into alcohol.
3. Place alcohol-soaked newspaper strip onto nail. Press hard.
4. Wait a few seconds and peel off the paper. Do this gently.
5. When the nails are dry, apply top coat of clear nail polish.
*Now if you find some newspapers with your favorite comic book hero’s symbol or face on it, why not use it for your nails? ^_^